What is UltraOx®
UltraOx® is Advanced Heat Treat Corp.'s heat treat process that provides an extra layer of corrosion and wear protection with a sleek black finish. It has been widely used to replace chrome plating, nickel plating, QPQ (quench-polish-quench) and melonite/salt bath.
Benefits of UltraOx®
- Improves corrosion resistance and abrasion properties in automotive, agriculture, construction, firearms and many other applications
- Reduces adhesive wear & increases fatigue strength
- Environmentally-friendly alternative to chromium and nickel plating, melonite, qpq/salt bath nitriding, as well as powder coating
- The UltraOx process can be customized to achieve both the metallurgical and aesthetic results you desire
- UltraOx® is NOT A COATING, so there is no surface pitting, flaking or hydrogen embrittlement
- Choose from multiple black finishes
- Easily surpasses salt spray test of 240 hours per ASTM B117
- Achieves a minimum surface hardness of 60+ HRC (or equivalent)
- 100% part coverage
- Produces thick compound zone (white layer) - up to 0.0015"
- No salt residue, so parts are ready to assemble once they are back in your hands
Learn more about ultraOx
UltraOx® Size Capabilities:
Advanced Heat Treat Corp. can UltraOx® parts up to 25 feet tall and 5 feet wide. Sizes vary by location. Contact an AHT representative for additional details.
UltraOx® is offered at the following locations:
This video was made for firearms, but UltraOx is also commonly used in agriculture, construction, tooling and more.
Request a Quote!
View Other UltraOx Resources