The Gas Nitriding Process
UltraGlow® Gas Nitriding is a case-hardening process whereby nitrogen is diffused into the surface of a solid ferrous alloy by holding the metal at a suitable temperature in contact with a nitrogenous gas, usually ammonia.
Benefits of UltraGlow® Gas Nitriding:
- Extends part/tool life
- Adds abrasive wear
- Adds performance, fatigue strength and endurance
- Enhances surface lubricity
- Reduces erosion
- Increases material flow in molds and dies
- Improves corrosion resistance
- No post-process machining
- Improves wear resistance
- Zero to minimal growth/distortion
- Precise and versatile
- Phase controllable compound zone (or white layer)
AHT UltraGlow® Gas Nitriding Capabilities:
The working parameters of Advanced Heat Treat Corp.'s gas nitriding equipment are very large:
- 160" in diameter
- 360" in length
- 60,000 lbs. in weight
Advanced Heat Treat Corp.'s UltraGlow® Gas Nitriding is your answer to an economical way of heat treating rolls, shafts, extruder screws, and much more and is offered at:
For additional corrosion resistance, Advanced Heat Treat Corp's UltraOx® treatment can be combined with the gas nitriding process.
Learn More About Gas Nitriding with These Whitepapers, Case Studies & More.