On Monday, July 27, 2020
At the request of our customer, an agriculture equipment manufacturer, Advanced Heat Treat Corp. outsourced a salt spray test to a third-party vendor to provide our customer with completely non-biased results regarding our trademarked heat treatment UltraOx® and its corrosion resistance properties. Below are the parameters and results of the test:
Parts Included in the Salt Spray Test
- Three (3) UltraOx®'d cylinders; with nominal dimensions: 0.75”dia. x 1.18” length
- Three (3) UltraOx®'d cylinders; with nominal dimensions: 0.79”dia. x 1.83” length
The Salt Spray Method
The samples were placed horizontal in the chamber, as seen below, and exposed for the duration of 300 hours, under the following ASTM B117-16 “Standard Practice for Operating Salt Spray (Fog) Apparatus” conditions:
- Test Media: 5% Salt Solution
- Cabinet Temperature: 95 to 96ºF
- Fog Collection Rate: 1.1 to 1.8 ml/hr
- Specific Gravity: 1.034 to 1.035
- pH Range: 6.6 to 6.8
- Tower Temperature: 112 -113 °F
- Pressure: 12 psi
The Salt Spray Results - Zero Rust After 300 Hours
* UltraOx® passed the 300-hour salt spray test with zero rust!
If corrosion resistance is your priority, UltraOx® may be your perfect solution. Contact us today to see if UltraOx® is right for your application.
*Results may vary based on material used, geometry of the part, etc. Contact an Advanced Heat Treat Corp. representative to discuss your application.
- corrosion resistance
- customer story