On Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Q&As with Tom Broman, Jr.
You’ve been at AHT since 2002. In that time, I’m sure you’ve seen many interesting heat treat projects. Tell us about one.
The most interesting job in my 19 years, I would say, is when we cut a hole in the ceiling at AHT Monroe and had a crane company load a shaft into vessel from ceiling.
Tom, what does a typical day look like for you at AHT?
As production supervisor, I oversee shop floor operations and my team in Monroe, Michigan. Daily tasks may include loading/unloading parts, inspection, training employees, degreasing, blasting, communicating with customers, etc. Our location offers heat treatments such as ion nitriding, gas nitriding, UltraOx and more, so we see a variety of parts. No day is the same.
When you’re not working, how do you like to spend your free time?
If I’m not at work you can find me on the golf course or riding on my motorcycle … Or at the casino.
You’ve been at AHT for almost 20 years. Tell us what are some of the reasons you stay.
I’ve been with AHT because of the way the company treats their employees. We do a lot of activities and learning experiments together and it is like a family here at AHT. Definitely can’t say that about the other jobs I have worked.
(Pictured: Members of the 15+ Club in Monroe, MI. Left to right: Tom Broman, Jeff Machcinski, Bill Cowell, Matt Cunningham, Mickey Dahmoun, Dr. Edward Rolinski and Chad Clark)
In your opinion, what makes Advanced Heat Treat Corp. the leader in nitriding?
We take pride and prioritize our customers’ needs and pay attention to their expectations.
What’s new at AHT in Monroe, Michigan?
UltraOx® Hyper is new in Michigan. UltraOx Hyper will have a darker black finish than our standard UltraOx® offering – something we’ve had our firearms customers express they’d like. We are installing the equipment now and I’m eager to get involved with it.
What professional accomplishment are you proud of?
I had to take a MIOSHA (Michigan Occupational Safety & Health Administration) class at the college and passing that was a great accomplishment to me.
What are a couple things that people may not know about Tom Broman?
- I have a huge hat collection. Last time I counted was over 100.
- I was on the chess team and was ranked number 1 on the team.
What is one thing our customers may not know about AHT?
We take pride in each customer and go the extra mile to make sure they are happy with their price and turnaround time.
Now, a series of quick random questions:
- Favorite Movie: The Green Mile
- Favorite Band: Sublime
- First Job: Dishwasher at DJ’s Kitchen
- First Cassette Tape: Too short
- First CD: Snoop Dogg
- Favorite Food: Chinese
- Least Favorite Food: Stuffed cabbage
- Sports Team: Detroit Tigers
- Favorite Sport: Baseball
- Person Who Has Influenced You: My mom Kathy Broman
- If Money Wasn’t an Issue, Where Would You Go on Vacation: Hawaii
- Your Favorite Vacation or Road Trip: Sturgis on the bike
- If You Could Have a Super Power, What Would It Be? To fly
- Hidden Talent? I’m really good at the card game, euchre
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A truck driver
Have a question for Tom Broman? Call him at 734-243-0063.
- meet monroe
- meet the team