On Thursday, January 30, 2020
Q&As with Steve Pasker
Steve, tell us about your career path at AHT.
"I started at AHT part-time in January of 2005. I have worked with both of the furnace lines here. I was an equipment operator and lead on 2nd shift before moving to 1st shift in 2012."
FUN FACT: Steve celebrated his 15th anniversary at AHT on January 25, 2020 which means he will now be in the prestigious "AHT 15+ Club." Learn more about the club here.
What does a typical day look like for you at AHT?
"In the morning, I review previous shifts' work and find out when parts will be done and ready to ship. After that, I ensure that customers’ expedites are being taken care of and review/schedule other work orders. I also help train employees and help out on the shop floor."
When you’re not working, how do you like to spend your free time?
"I like to spend time with my wife and kids and our English Mastiff Zeke (pictured to the right). How that time is spent depends on the weather.
During the winter, I can be found inside the house working on various projects and playing video games with the kids.
When the weather is nice (not winter), I can be found fishing with my kids. We also like to run around outside, playing football."
What is one aspect of your job that you enjoy?
"I enjoy getting new parts and figuring out the best fixturing methods for said parts."
Tell us about some of the cool things happening at Burton right now.
"We recently expanded our building at Burton. The expansion opened up space which makes the layout of the building more efficient."
RELATED CONTENT: "AHT Announces Building Expansions in Iowa & Michigan"
Tell us three things that people may not know about Steve Pasker.
- When I was in kindergarten, I had 36 stitches in my cheek and forehead from a dog bite. I still love dogs even though that happened.
- I really enjoy ice cream, but I am lactose intolerant.
- I fish more than the average person, but I don’t like to eat fish.
What advice would you give our customers?
"If a faster-than-normal turnaround is needed, make sure that we know when to expect the hot parts to arrive so we can make sure the parts get checked into our system as soon as possible. If there is only a note on the PO, we may not get to the parts as soon as we could have. Also, having all the specs we need (material, hardness needed, case depth) will help ensure that parts are turned around faster."
RELATED CONTENT: "What You Need to Know When Purchasing Conventional Heat Treat"
Now, a series of quick random questions:
- Favorite Book: Where The Red Fern Grows
- First Job: Various farm work such as milking cows, bailing hay, field work, etc.
- Favorite Food: Hamburgers
- Least Favorite Food: Cooked vegetables
- Person Who Has Influenced You: My parents both have a good work ethic and taught me from a young age that if you want something you have to work for it.
- Favorite Sport(s): Football, Fishing
- Favorite Sports Team(s): Dallas Cowboys, Iowa Hawkeyes
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Lake El Salto in Mexico to catch some giant bass.
- meet burton
- meet the team