AHT's New & Improved Black Oxide Treatment
Advanced Heat Treat Corp. (AHT) has been offering a black oxidation process since the early 2000s; however, after requests for an even darker black finish option, we have rolled out an additional line in our Michigan location.
Our new state-of-the-art equipment allows for more flexibility when it comes to the appearance and metallurgical results of our black oxide and UltraOx processes.
Benefits of Black Oxide on Carbon Steel & Alloys
- Aesthetic black finish
- Improves corrosion resistance
- Can withstand 150-200 hours of salt spray testing (additional hours can be achieved with our UltraOx product)
- 100% part coverage
- There is no dimensional change with black oxide
- Black oxide will not chip, flake or peel
- No salt residue or post-processing needed
- Added lubricity
- Black oxide is commonly used in industries such as automotive, construction, medical, firearms, aerospace and more.
- One-stop-shop if both black oxide and heat treatments are needed
- You have choices when it comes to the appearance of your black oxide finish (glossy, matte, etc.)
- Over 40 years of heat treat and metallurgy experience
- AHT offers additional services such as blasting, assembly and more.
Want to get started with AHT's Black Oxidation Treatment? Fill out our Contact or Request A Quote Form.