On Thursday, August 10, 2023
Q&As with Jason Wooldrik
Jason, you just started at AHT less than a year ago. Tell us about your background before that.
I grew up in Denver, IA. I attended Hawkeye Community College and the University of Northern Iowa. I graduated with an accounting degree and started my career at Dan Deery Motors. I married my wife Brooke in 2013 and we have 2 boys.
Did you know much about heat treat prior to working at AHT?
I knew nothing about the heat treatment process prior to working at AHT, but I was very intrigued with how the gases created the purple glow.
What were your first impressions of AHT?
I instantly felt like part of the team. I walked into a great, caring, and welcoming culture at AHT.
What does a typical day look like for you as an accountant at AHT?
No day is ever the same. However, some of the more repeatable things I do are:
- Working on payroll, making sure everyone is paid correctly and on time
- Reviewing the monthly bank statements
- Closing account entries to ensure that the monthly financial statements are accurate
- Completing the annual business paperwork then submitting to the appropriate government agencies
I continue to learn responsibilities and feel great when I correctly complete a new task.
You have some little ones. Tell us about them.
I have 2 boys. Ray is soon-to-be 4 years old and Ryder is soon-to-be one. Ray is starting preschool and loves anything that involves dinosaurs. Ryder has just started crawling, standing, and eating baby food.
How do you like to spend your time outside of work?
I enjoy spending time with my family outdoors and cooking. We will soon be getting Ray into activities (soccer, t-ball, swimming, etc.) to find out what he enjoys.
You mentioned cooking. What do you like to cook?
Everything-ish!! It all depends on what I want to eat. Here’s a sample:
- On the Grill: Steaks, Burgers, Chicken, Pork Chops, Tenderloins, Brats, Hot Dogs, Fish
- Stove: Tacos, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Chili, Mashed Tators, Mac and cheese
- Oven: Banana Bread, Tot Casserole, Lasagna, Party Tators, Meatloaf, Cheesy Hashbrown Bake, Pizza
What is an accomplishment you’re proud of – personal or professional?
I’m proud of my career and my family. I enjoy the work that I do and it’s the best feeling watching my boys experience things for the first time.
How would you describe the work environment at Advanced Heat Treat Corp.?
Everyone here wants everyone to succeed. Everyone works together to help each other when a problem or question comes up.
Now, a series of quick random questions:
- First Job: Paperboy
- Favorite Food: Crab, Lamb Chops
- Least Favorite Food: Walnuts and Coconut
- Best Concert(s): Northern Invasion Festivals (It was a 2-day rock festival I attended 2015-2018 in Somerset, Wisconsin. We saw Slipknot, Soundgarden, The Offspring, Papa Roach, Shinedown, Korn, Rob Zombie, Tool, Distrubed and a lot more.)
- Favorite Sport: Football, Baseball
- Favorite Team: Hawkeyes, 49ers, Cubs
- Favorite Movie: Shrek, Interstellar, Super Bad, The Conjuring
- Best Vacation? Family vacation to Hawaii and In-laws family vacation to Vieques, Puerto Rico
- Hobby? Cooking
- # of Years Married? 10 years
- Pets? Pembroke Welsh Corgis – Wall-E & Willow
Read More "Meet the Team" blogs by clicking here.
- meet midport
- meet the team