On Thursday, March 19, 2020
Last updated March 30, 2020
As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we at Advanced Heat Treat Corp., wanted to inform you that we remain open for business and are taking every precaution to ensure a safe environment for our employees and customers. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards in cleanliness and hygiene, and with the onset of COVID-19, we've become even more rigorous. Here are some additional protocols we have implemented:
Cleanliness & Hygiene
- We are providing ample supplies of hand soap and hand sanitizers in work areas and common spaces like break rooms. Spray disinfectant bottles and paper towel kits are also available throughout the building.
- Deep cleaning and disinfecting is occurring more often with high touch areas being cleaned multiple times per day, and in some cases, with every use
- Additional signage is placed around our offices & businesses explaining proper cleaning/hygiene processes, a list of high touch areas, 6-foot distance markings, etc.
- Training has been provided to employees regarding COVID-19 symptoms & prevention, AHT procedures and cleaning tips. The education and communication will continue throughout this ever-changing time
- Employees are required to stay home if they (or someone they've been exposed to) display symptoms or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or any other contagious illness
- Employees are also required report any travel - international & domestic. Social isolation is enforced according to the CDC's recommendations
- As usual, your metal parts are handled with gloves, ensuring cleanliness and a quality product
- We have enforced temporary policies of no handshaking, no group events, and no food sharing
Traveling & Visitors
- While we will still receive shipments and drivers may enter our building, they are being directed to remain in specific areas and limit their time within our building
- No unscheduled appointments are being accepted at this time
- Employee travel has been paused
- Our April Heat Treat & Hardness Testing seminar has been canceled
- We service many ESSENTIAL industries such as food and energy production, so we plan to REMAIN OPEN
- We are in communication with our vendors to ensure critical supplies/processes are available
- Management regularly reviews our quality process for adequate back-ups of critical positions
- With locations in three different states (Iowa, Alabama & Michigan), we have the ability to move product to another location in the unlikely event it is needed
At this time, we do not foresee any major disruptions to our business operations or our ability to serve our customers.
We understand this time brings uncertainty, but we remain committed to our mission statement of "exceeding customer expectations with UltraGlowing results" and we turn to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and federal, state and local officials for all up-to-date information and relevant guidance. Please reach out to us at 319-232-5221 or via our Contact Us form if you have any questions.
We will continue to update this page with any new updates. Please check back.