On Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Originally published on March 19, 2020. Last updated May 6, 2020.
As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we at Advanced Heat Treat Corp., wanted to inform you that we remain open for business and are taking every precaution to ensure a safe environment for our employees and customers. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards in cleanliness and hygiene, and with the onset of COVID-19, we've become even more rigorous. Here are some additional protocols we have implemented:
Traveling & Visitors
- While we will still receive shipments and drivers may enter our building, they are being directed to remain in specific areas and limit their time within our building. Visitors are also required to wear a mask. AHT has disposable masks available for any trucker, visitor or contractor that does not supply their own.
- No unscheduled appointments are being accepted at this time.
- Contractors must answer questionaire before they will be allowed to perform work in our buildings. The protocol is posted in reception area.
- Business travel has been paused for all employees.
- Employees are required to report any personal travel - international & domestic. Social isolation is enforced according to the CDC's recommendations.
- Our April Heat Treat & Hardness Testing seminar has been canceled.
Cleanliness & Hygiene
- We are providing ample supplies of hand soap and hand sanitizers in work areas and common spaces like break rooms. Spray disinfectant bottles and paper towel kits are also available throughout the building.
- Deep cleaning and disinfecting is occurring more often with high touch areas being cleaned multiple times per day, and in some cases, with every use.
- Additional signage is placed around our offices & businesses explaining proper cleaning/hygiene processes, a list of high touch areas, 6-foot distance markings, etc.
- Training has been provided to employees regarding COVID-19 symptoms & prevention, AHT procedures and cleaning tips. The education and communication will continue throughout this ever-changing time.
- Employees are required to stay home if they (or someone they've been exposed to) display symptoms or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or any other contagious illness.
- Weekly audits of cleaning stations and inventory needs.
- As usual, your metal parts are handled with gloves, ensuring cleanliness and a quality product.
- We have enforced temporary policies of no handshaking, no group events, and no food sharing.
- Established COVID-19 exposure response protocols for notification and clean-up.
- All employees are provided masks - for both personal and professional use.
- Continuous Improvement program enhancing their See Something Say Something employee engagement program to help identify further ways to prevent exposure.
- COVID response protocol booklets established and routed to all supervisors for handy reference.
- Employees are taking their temperatures prior to entering the building; AHT has offered to purchase thermometers on behalf of employees if they are without.
- Established clearly defined shifts, with no overlap from shift to shift.
- AHT is offering flexible work hours to ensure our employees can take care of their families and relatives in need.
- Employees are encouraged to work remote, if position allows. Customer service team members working remotely will still receive your calls seamlessly.
- For those within our buildings, we have initiated social distancing protocols, including limiting employees visiting other departments and maintaining 6-foot distances from coworkers. Six-foot distances have been marked throughout the buildings.
- AHT is utilizing video and teleconferencing.
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to employees to help address anxiety.
- Health insurance has updated their plan to include COVID tests and office visit as a preventative visit at no cost to employee.
- Telemedicine is offered to employees for illness symptoms and medical advice.
- IT sends tips to employees regarding COVID-related scams and how to avoid falling victim.
- HR regularly encourages employees to participate in "positivity challenges" to help employees cope with this uncertain time.
- We service many ESSENTIAL industries such as food and energy production, so we REMAIN OPEN.
- We are in communication with our vendors to ensure critical supplies/processes are available.
- Management team regularly reviews our quality process for adequate back-ups of critical positions.
- With locations in three different states (Iowa, Alabama & Michigan), we have the ability to move product to another location in the unlikely event it is needed.
At this time, we do not foresee any major disruptions to our business operations or our ability to serve our customers.
We understand this time brings uncertainty, but we remain committed to our mission statement of "exceeding customer expectations with UltraGlowing results" and we turn to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and federal, state and local officials for all up-to-date information and relevant guidance. Please reach out to us at 319-232-5221 or via our Contact Us form if you have any questions.
We will continue to update this page with any new updates. Please check back.